Friday, June 6, 2008

Politics and other bad words

Got back from a few chores. So, I looked in on the Bad Astronomy Blog ( go here: http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/) which I do several times a day. He is prolific in his writings and his topic coverage. The most recent blog from him spoke of polls and election outcomes. I, like many others leave replies. It's almost a compulsion to reply. Most often the reply is directed to him, but sometimes it is in response to others' replies.

I know I usually have time to sit in front of my computer and cast about for things Internet-ish because I'm retired. BA on the other hand, spends a lot of time in front of his computer and I wonder what he does for a living. Oh, I know he's an astronomer, but you can't do much research, or teaching to classes, or working with other of his learned peers while writing blogs and occasionally responding to them. Perhaps his wife has a well paying employment position and supports his endeavors. In any case - good work if you can get it.

Now, about the politics. He involves us all, bloggers and repliers, in his scientific knowledge as well as his political opinions. I don't always agree with him. In fact, he and I are at odds on many issues. That may be due to me being a curmudgeon while he's a young man of world travelled status. My hat's off to Dr. Phil Plait.

Guess I didn't have much to say about politics after all. Oh well...

No comments: